Spot Technology: Network / Satellilte
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa, and North-Eastern Asia and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. In Russia, the GPS accuracy of your SPOT is limited (degraded) in accordance with Russian regulations restricting the accuracy of GPS performance for devices utilized in Russia.
||96% OR BETTER PROBABILITY OF SUCCESSFULLY SENDING A SINGLE MESSAGE WITHIN 20 MINUTES.
||REDUCED COVERAGE AVAILABLE WITHIN A 20 MINUTE PERIOD.
Last Updated 2015-02-09. Estimated coverage area. Actual coverage may vary. Success rates are forecasts for a SPOT messenger to successfully deliver a single message during a 20-minute period, based on network availability. Additionally, in everyday conditions it is normal for some messages to be blocked by your environment, such as hills or buildings. That 's why the SPOT Messenger is scheduled to automatically send multiple messages in every mode - giving you excellent overall reliability.
- GPS satellites provide signals
- SPOT messenger's onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites
- Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world
- Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network
- Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Center
SPOT Gen3 Getting Started:
SPOT Trace Getting Started: